Say No To Food Waste – Apricot & Peach Soya Milk Smoothie
Saying no to food wastage not only reduces the food you throw away, but it is healthy and will reduce your grocery bills. Try our Apricot & Peach Soya Milk Smoothie.
As explained in our Melon & Banana Smoothie recipe, I love fruit and buy lots but it can quickly ‘turn’ and bruise very quickly, which is annoying when you’ve spent money. Wasting food costs money and sometimes money is hard to come by. So if it’s healthy to do so, I personally remove any bruised areas and use the parts of the fruit that are still acceptable to eat. Why not?
You can use any fruit and any amount, of course.
Apricot & Peach Soya Milk Smoothie ingredients for One
These ingredients are all that you need for your apricot & peach soya milk smoothie.
- 1 peach
- 4 apricots
- Soya milk – I filled a tall glass ¾ full.
- A sprinkle of pumpkin seeds (purchased from Aldi)
Appliances you will need to make your smoothie
All you will need to make your apricot and peach smoothie is a hand blender.
We used Cookware hand blender, but if you need to buy one don’t spend a lot of money. Ours only costs £19.99 from Argos. There are cheaper ones available to buy but they do not have the accessories and are not stainless steel.
How to make your apricot & peach soya milk smoothie
Making your apricot & peach smoothie is so simple and will only take you 5 minutes.
- Pour your milk into the blender.
- Remove the stone from the peach and any areas that you are unable to eat.
- Chop and add to the blender jug.
- Do the same with the apricots.
- Blend until you are happy with the consistency.
- Pour into you glass.
- Top with either sunflower seeds, or pumpkins seeds (you will need a spoon to eat these however).
What are the benefits of using these ingredients for your apricot & peach smoothie?
- Apricots are high in antioxidants, potassium, and boosts skin health and is hydrating.
- Peaches are rich in various vitamins and minerals
- Soya milk is protein, very little saturated fat, a good source of potassium, and can be fortified with vitamins B-12, D and A, and calcium.