Say no to food wastage – Melon & Banana Smoothie
Say no to food wastage and reduce your grocery bills. Try our delicious melon and banana soya milk smoothie. Not only saving money but also healthy.
I love fruit and I buy lots but it can quickly ‘turn’ and become mouldy, bruised and past its sell by date. Whether fruit ‘turning’ is the result of heat during the summer or chemicals used when grown, who knows. Waste costs money and if healthy to do so, I personally remove any bruised parts of the fruit that are still acceptable to eat. Why not?
You can use any fruit and any amount, of course.
Melon & Banana Soya Milk Smoothie
Melon & Banana Soya Milk Smoothie for one
Here are the ingredients for Melon & Banana Soya Milk Smoothies for just person.
Remember, we are only using ingredients that are past their prime sell by date. So say no to food waste and start viewing your food differently.
- 2 overripe bananas
- ¼ honeydew melon
- Soya milk – I filled a tall glass ¾ full.
- 2 tsp chia seeds (available at Aldi)
What appliances do you need to make a smoothie?
To make our smoothie we used a simple Cookworks hand blender. You don’t need anything fancy or expensive.
Prices range from £9.99 to £19.99 from Argos, depending if you want a stainless steel with additional gadgets or a simple white blender.
There are cheaper blenders available but we have found that this is the best for our use.
How to make melon & banana soya smoothie
Melon & banana soya smoothie is so easy to make, and takes no more than 5 minutes.
- Pour your milk into the blender.
- Add your chopped banana and melon (or fruit of your choice)
- Add chia seeds
- Blend until you are happy with the consistency
What are the benefits of using these ingredients for your smoothie?
These are the benefits with using these smoothie ingredients.
- Bananas contain vitamin C, potassium, manganese and give you energy.
- Honeydew melon is rich in nutrients and may support healthy skin and boost the immune system.
- Soya milk is protein, very little saturated fat, a good source of potassium, and can be fortified with vitamins B-12, D and A, and calcium.
- Chia seeds contain omega -3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and provide fibre, iron and calcium.